Last updated: May 11, 2018
The Purpose of the Policy
We take your privacy seriously. We provide this Policy so that you understand how we treat the information that you provide us as you use the Service (“Collected Information”).
This Policy applies only to information that we collect via the Service. It may not apply to information that we may collect in other ways (for example, via phone calls). We reserve the right to change this Policy at any time. Any material changes, modifications, additions or deletions will take effect immediately as soon as we give you notice of them, and we may do that by emailing you or by updating the posted Policy on this page. It is your responsibility to review this Policy periodically and to be aware of any modifications. Your continued use of the Service after any modification means that you acknowledge the change and agree to the practices that we disclose in the Policy.
Please direct any questions about this Policy to email@example.com.
How We Collect Information
We collect information in these ways:
● User-Provided Information. We ask users to manually provide us with their email addresses (and in some cases, their names) if they would like to join our email list or if they would like to send us an email message. From time to time we may ask users to provide us with other information as well. You are completely free to decline to give us any of this information.
● Automatically Collected Information. When you use the Service, we may automatically collect or generate information including but not limited to the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address of your computer; web pages that you access within the Service; geographic information; a unique user ID; the type of browser, device or operating system you use; referring services or websites; search information; and usage and browsing information.
We refer to all of the information described in this section as “Collected Information.”
How We Use Collected Information
We use Collected Information to deliver services to you and to communicate with you about the Service. We will never use your private customer information for our own purposes, except as expressly described in this Policy. If we use your email address to communicate with you (with the exception of transactional emails regarding your use of the Service), we will give you the option to unsubscribe or opt out of future emails.
How We Disclose Collected Information to Others
We will not sell your information to others. In fact, we will not sell, rent, trade, license or otherwise disclose Collected Information to anyone who is not our employee or independent contractor at all, except in a few cases:
(1) to provide payment-related information to financial services and credit card processing companies in order to process payment transactions;
(2) where necessary for us to work with third-party companies that we use to provide the Service (“Third-Party Services,” below);
(3) where required in response to a court order or investigation or where otherwise required by law; or
(4) to disclose to another company in the course of a business acquisition, merger or sale of assets.
We use various Third-Party Services to operate the Service. These currently include Mailchimp, Google Analytics, Facebook’s Pixel and Squarespace and may include other Third-Party Services in the future.
Third-Party Services will handle Collected Information pursuant to their own privacy and security policies, so we encourage you to read those services’ own policies. By using our Service, you consent to our providing Collected Information with Third-Party Services to be used in accordance with their own privacy and security policies as they exist today and as they may change in the future.
The security of your Collected Information is very important to us. We use reasonable efforts to protect it from unauthorized access, but we cannot guarantee that your Collected Information will be free from unauthorized access by third parties such as hackers. By using the Service, you consent to our using your Collected Information as described in this Policy notwithstanding this risk; you waive any claims against us relating to the interception, use or disclosure of Confidential Information by third parties that we have not authorized; and you agree to notify us promptly if you suspect any unauthorized usage of Confidential Information.
For more information on protecting your privacy, please visit www.ftc.gov/privacy.
To access or use the Service, you must be at least 18 years old and have the power and authority needed to consent to the practices described in this Policy. If you are not at least 18 years old, do not access or use the Service.
Your Rights With Respect to Collected Information
You may change the email address or name that you have provided us at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us of the change.
When you use the Service, we or our Third-Party Services (including Facebook) may use tools to collect information about how you use it. These tools may include cookies, web beacons or other storage technologies that store users’ IDs or passwords to personalize web pages that they see and provide website analytics. We may also use these tools in advertising the Service. You are welcome to opt out of our use of these tools with you, and you can learn more about how do to so at the Digital Advertising Alliance’s Webchoices page, European Advertising Standards Alliance (EASA)’s Framework and the Network Advertising Initiative’s Consumer Opt Out page.
No Rights of Third Parties
This Policy does not create rights enforceable by third parties, nor does it require disclosure of any information relating to users of the Service.
Limitation of Warranties
We make no representations, warranties or promises about the security of Collected Information except as stated expressly in this Policy or as required by applicable law.